COASTERING is an activity that consists on the progression along the rocky and jagged coastline, resorting to swimming, hiking, climbing and jumping into the water.
The islands coastline presents several volcanic areas carved by the lava thousands of years ago, therefore hiding places that few have can see. This activity allows you to embark on an adventure with challenges and be marveled by places carved by lava and sea that form a perfect harmony between crystal clear waters and the black basalt slopes. Swim, play with the waves, hike and climb small cliffs to jump into the depths of our sea and explore some of the cavities side by side with their fauna and flora, these are some of the perfect challenges to spend a morning or an afternoon and always with the beautiful views of Pico and Faial islands.
Before the activity begins the participants will be provided with the necessary information to ensure their safety and enjoy the island.
- Certified Guides
- Transfer from the meeting point to the activities and return.
- Small Boat or Kayak Support
1 Personal Accident and Liability Insurance – Name and birthdate of each person required.
2 All Individual Equipment: helmet, fully equipped harness, suits, socks and neoprene gloves and canyoning boots + All PPE complies with standards required by the EC (European Commission) and the UIAA (International Union of Alpinism Associations).
3 Snack: 1 Protein bar and 1 Water 0.5L. It’s recommended to carry food and water reinforcement.
NOTE For the correct measurement of the wetsuits and canyoning boots, the following measures are necessary: Weight, Height and Number of Footwear.
- All year but most suitable for spring and summer.
- Subject to change according to weather and sea conditions.
- Swimsuit or shorts (if possible already dressed)
- Elastic hait (if applicable)
- Extra tennis if you fit a number smaller than 33 EU|2 US|1UK or bigger then 48 EU|13 US|12.5 UK
- A change of clothes and shoes to wear after activity
- Food reinforcement and extra water
- Minimum age 6/7 years old.
- Suitable for all people with a stable health situation, except pregnant women.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parents or guardians, or provide written authorization.
The meeting point at the Discover Experience Kiosk next to Cais da Calheta:
GPS coordinates: 38º36’03.27 ”N | 28º00’37.48 ”O
If you do not have transportation from the accommodation to the meeting point and return, you can request a transfer for pickup and drop off.
Pickup / Drop off: 10 € per person up to 8 people and more than 9 people 20 € per person.